Bellator MMA returns to Dublin, Ireland this Friday with a special main event between former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson and Peter Queally.
Since his early days with Bellator MMA, Henderson has struggled with the business. By unanimous decision, he lost his first fight to Andrey Koreshkov at Bellator 153 on April 22, 2016. After a rocky start, Henderson’s career record with the company stands at six wins and five losses.
He won his last fight against Islam Mamedov by split decision at Bellator 273 on Jan. 29. Although he didn’t have the Bellator MMA run that fans were hoping for, he is still ranked third in the lightweight division. A victory over Queally could bring Henderson closer to a fight or two for the Bellator lightweight championship.
Queally is looking to bounce back from their last defeat and secure a victory in his homeland of Ireland. He fell short of Patricky Pitbull by knockout at Bellator 270 on Nov. 11, 2021, for the vacant lightweight title. Prior to his loss at Bellator 270, Queally was on a two-fight winning streak, with one of his wins coming against Pitbull at Bellator 258 in May. 7, 2021.
The Ireland native is ranked seventh in the lightweight division. A win over Henderson could put Queally in the top five and could help the company earn another opportunity to challenge for the lightweight title again.
Check back here on MMA News this weekend for our coverage of Bellator 285: Henderson vs. Queally.
Bellator 285: Henderson vs. Queally weigh-in results
You can find the official weigh-in results for Bellator 285: Henderson vs. Queally below, courtesy of the Bellator MMA live weigh-in on their Youtube channel. Luckily, every fighter on the card has managed to gain weight.
(Final map and battle order subject to change)
- Main Event – Lightweight Combat: Benson Henderson (155.4) vs. Peter Queally (154.2)
- Co-Main Event – Light Heavyweight Fight: Yoel Romero (205.9) vs. Melvin Manhoef (205.7)
- Women’s Featherweight Fight: Leah McCourt (146) vs. Dayana Silva (146)
- Featherweight bout: Mads Burnell (145.8) vs. Pedro Carvalho (146)
- Bout Contract Weight (150): Ciaran Clarke (149.2) vs. Rafael Hudson (149.8)
- Light Heavyweight Fight: Karl Albrektsson (205.2) vs. Karl Moore (205.8)
- Bantamweight Fight: Brian Moore (135.7) vs. Arivaldo Lima de Silva (135.9)
- Bantamweight Fight: Brett Johns (135.7) vs. Jordan Winski (135)
- Lightweight bout: Darragh Kelly (155.2) vs. Kye Stevens (155.2)
- Lightweight bout: Georgi Karakhanyan (156) vs. Kane Mousah (155.7)
- Featherweight bout: Alex Bodnar (145.6) vs. Kenny Mokhonoana (146)
- Featherweight bout: Asael Adjoudj (146) vs. Jordan Barton (146)
- Welterweight bout: Dante Schiro (169.9) vs. Luca Poclit (169.7)
When is Bellator 285: Henderson vs. Queally?
Bellator 285: Henderson vs. Queally takes place on September 23 at 3Arena in Dublin, Ireland.
The main card will begin at 4:00 p.m. ET / 1:00 p.m. PT in the United States. The prelims will also take place at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT. Bellator MMA has announced the timebut that could still change.
How to watch?
The main card will be broadcast live on the Showtime channel or can be streamed on the Showtime app in the United States. The preliminaries can be viewed on the Bellator MMA Youtube channel.
It’s unclear if the event will also be able to be streamed live on the Paramount Plus app since you can watch Showtime on the subscription service.